Blog Archives

Comments (0)


ugge has been coming along very nice and it’s very easy to use but I’ve run across a problem. I’ve coded the scene graph nodes to have a number of default objects like a vector for position and a rect for size and objects for all kinds of other things. each node allocated 9 object by default. the problem is that on phones, that’s a lot of objects for the monkey GC to handle. I was finding that I couldn’t use a node for a lot sprites or for sure couldn’t use them for particles. I could only do about 400 nodes until my frame rate dropped while I can process and draw a couple thousand if I stuck to native datatypes.

So, I’ve decided to refactor my base node and ‘unroll’ the component objects right into the base class. this will take some time to do, bummer!

Comments (0)

ugge Framework for Monkey

I’ve been having some great success with my framework lately and things are coming together very nicely. I put a bug report on the forum and Mark said it’s an undocumented feature! this is great as that was the answer I was looking for. so that and his recent changes to generics mean I’m going to go back and rewrite/refactor a few things.